Saturday, November 10, 2012

Chicken coops

I have been thinking about getting chickens.I finally found our city ordinance that allows us to keep chickens.So now that I know I can have a max of 6 hen NO roosters and only as long as neighbors don't complain. Its time to research what I need to do. There are a ton of web site here a good list of sites that I found helpful.
I typed in pellet coops and found this really nice coop hand made from free yes free....wooden pallets. To see a 3:30min video click here 

The chicken chic  click here has great tip this is a must read before building your coop some of these tip will save you time. She also has a full tutorial on common condition that hen develop such as prolapse vent and foot sores.

I just need to find out what kind of chickens will do well in South East Ohio.It gets cold in the winter and hot in the summer. Autumn and spring bring a mixture of both!It could snow on a Monday and be 90 by Wednesday. The saying goes if you don't like the weather, just wait five minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment